Updated Sept 13th, 2017
From Great Hop Forward: “On February 21, Cathay Pacific released Betsy Beer, a 5.1% ABV, 20 IBU craft brew specially created by Hong Kong Beer Co. for the airline cabin environment at 35,000′”
Beertopia (Hong Kong)
When: September 22-23
Where: Hong Kong, Central Waterfront
What: Beertopia is hailed as Asia’s biggest beer fest, with over 14,000 people attending last year. This year promises more than 500 different beers and lots of good food, right in downtown Hong Kong.
Tickets: Ranging from 290-495 HKD. Click here.
Sept Tasting Workshop – Norwegian Wood
- When: Sept 29 7pm-9pm
- Where: HK Brewcraft (4/F, 15 Cochrane Street, Central, Hong Kong)
- What: A tasting of six Norwegian craft beers
- Price: Early bird: $150/p; Walk-in: $200/p
- Instructions: Reserve your seat by going to the FB event page and click “going”,
- Then email them at email@example.com or message them on Facebook to confirm
8×8 China Brewing Project (Beijing)
- When: Nov 3-4
- Where: UCCA, 798 Art District, No. 4 Jiuxianqiao Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
- Who: Organized by Jing A
- What: Eight unique collaborations between a Chinese craft brewery and a Pacific Northwest Brewery (US and Canada)
- Price: 4 classes of tickets — 258 /300 /988 / 1188 (prices in RMB)
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/8x8ChinaBrewingProject/
- Homepage: http://8x8brewingproject.com/
- Quote: “An annual celebration of cross-cultural collaboration brewing in Beijing, China. Organized by Jing-A Brewing Co. since 2017. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.”
Shenzhen Craft Beer Festival
When: Old Shekou Ferry Port (next to Shekou Ferry metro station)
Where: November 10-11
Who: Once again, Joe from Bionic Brewery is throwing the party!
What: This will be the 3rd annual Shenzhen craft beer fest featuring the best craft beers China (and only China!) has to offer.